SRHA has purchased all of the WrightTrak Southern freight cars

George Eichelberger

The concept at this point is to NOT offer complete kits but only the polyurethane castings to allow us to keep these accurate models in production and to offer the parts at reduced prices. We will be able, using data from the SRHA archives, to offer photos, drawings and histories of all the models here on ModelingTheSouthern. In addition to building the models "as is" we will discuss, and include data, for as many variations as possible. For example, covered coiled steel versions of the 53' gondola and welded rail and MoW versions of the 40' flat cars. Additional parts, and potentially other models may be produced as time permits.

We will be discussing plans to make the WrightTrak castings available at the upcoming SRHA convention at TVRM in Chattanooga on the 31st and 1st. Everyone is welcome to participate and help us come up with a plan. There are clinics scheduled Friday evening  at the TVRM headquarters building, the SRHA archives "grand opening" will be at 10:00 AM on Saturday June 1st with a trip to the TVRM shop at E. Chattanooga for an extended tour also on Saturday.) SRHA will be presenting a clinic at the NMRA hotel downtown at 9:00AM Friday morning entitled "30-Tons of archives" that will describe the new facility and how prototype data can be used.

Convention information and registration is on the SRHA web site: www.srha.net.

Ike

PS I've attached a photo of a model of Southern 40' roof hatch box car 32458. It is one of the items SRHA will produce if there is sufficient interest.

Join ModelingTheSouthern@SouthernRailway.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.