Topics

interest as reflected by data -where's the beef

milepost 131 <mp131.ghandrews@...>

Where’s the beef?

I look at data and at trends.
Based on the following data either folks interested in Southern Railway are visiting some other discussion groups that are well “concealed” or interest in this “Fallen Flag” is in steep decline.
I even suspect the numbers in the Yahoogroups (and the one migrate) include a “goodly” percentage of very inactive members or some whose mail is “bouncing.”

Recent message counts:

At Yahoogroups:

Southern_Railway                                           Southernmodeler

members                           896                                                                 825

October 2018       3                                                                   2      

November            1                                                                   9

December            2                                                                   6

January 2019       2                                                                   3

Groups.io

southern-railway-system (migrated? Files seem to be)

members 745

October 2018                       3

November                           11

December                             5

January 2019                      31

ModelingtheSouthern (no migration)

members 17

October        10

November      8

December      0

January 2019 2

I’m personally interested in modeling so it looks like it is really falling  in limbo. Yes, I’m interested in the history (particularly- steam focus) and I know that has declined since 1953 <g>

So before every one climbs my back and wants to castigate me for my posting --- I have done a bit in past years.
And even my files transferred with the group that migrated INCLUDING the documents regarding Southern Railway paint from headquarters circa 1946!

Based on data it does appear the Fallen Flag is falling. Interest  is losing ground.

So.... anyone? Is there  secret group,

Gordon Andrews
STILL modeling the Murphy Branch June, 1942.

mike turner

Gordon,

I look forward to every post on these lists. My research is taking a lot of time and nothing is really ready to post/comment whatever. Yet.

Mike Turner

MP-Z35

On 2/1/2019 2:24 PM, milepost 131 wrote:

Where’s the beef?

I look at data and at trends.
Based on the following data either folks interested in Southern Railway are visiting some other discussion groups that are well “concealed” or interest in this “Fallen Flag” is in steep decline.
I even suspect the numbers in the Yahoogroups (and the one migrate) include a “goodly” percentage of very inactive members or some whose mail is “bouncing.”

Recent message counts:

At Yahoogroups:

Southern_Railway                                           Southernmodeler

members                           896                                                                 825

October 2018       3                                                                   2      

November            1                                                                   9

December            2                                                                   6

January 2019       2                                                                   3

Groups.io

southern-railway-system (migrated? Files seem to be)

members 745

October 2018                       3

November                           11

December                             5

January 2019                      31

ModelingtheSouthern (no migration)

members 17

October        10

November      8

December      0

January 2019 2

I’m personally interested in modeling so it looks like it is really falling  in limbo. Yes, I’m interested in the history (particularly- steam focus) and I know that has declined since 1953 <g>

So before every one climbs my back and wants to castigate me for my posting --- I have done a bit in past years.
And even my files transferred with the group that migrated INCLUDING the documents regarding Southern Railway paint from headquarters circa 1946!

Based on data it does appear the Fallen Flag is falling. Interest  is losing ground.

So.... anyone? Is there  secret group,

Gordon Andrews
STILL modeling the Murphy Branch June, 1942.

SouRwyFan

Personally I think most people that really build from scratch or care about prototype specific models anymore, like the old days before RTR items were so available, are old school and not so internet savoy. They can do the internet but don't get satisfaction from it like they do from creating instead of the "look at me" mentality of today. They usual get eaten alive by the trolls because they are legitmently interested in sharing info and fellowship instead of criticizing/attacking and then hiding behind a username. Also with life obligations (Family, making a living, aging) find that posting and following the internet very time consuming and taking time away from life's important issues. Just my 2 cents...