locked Re: Ordering Copies of Documents from the Archives

George Eichelberger

Tim:

For a start, you are welcome to download the Val Section scans on Google Drive.

All of the summaries (the blue prints) for the Southern records have been scanned but not many of the semi-annual submissions have been done. They can be scanned with a sheet feeder but only with a few at a time so manpower to do the work is the limiting factor. (There are 2,302 scans for just the summaries (4.21Gb) but I could not guess how many Val Section updates pages there are. The “ICC Scans” file today has 5,527 items using 153 Gb of memory. Buying more scanners and updating our PCs are two items where we can use some help. We have a high speed fiber optic Internet connection but we want to acquire and install our own server.)

The number sounds bizarre but we had to weigh everything for the move so I am accurate when I say we moved 30 TONS of archives materials from Kennesaw. The photo tour on the SRHA web site (www.srha.net in the archives section provides a rough idea of how much that is.

With everything that needs to be done, it’s hard to predict when anything will be finished. Our first two priorities are researching material for TIES Magazine articles and working with manufacturers that ask for information for future products. Requests from individuals simply cannot be given a high priority.

Ike

On Sep 26, 2018, at 4:47 PM, Tim <tarumph@...> wrote:

Ike;

Thank you for making us aware of the materials available in the SRHA archives. I think that this is a valuable resource that not enough people use.

I realize that the archives are sort of in flux right now, with the move to Chattanooga. I know that it included a partial index before the move. Unfortunately, getting to Chattanooga for the work sessions isn't going to work for me right now, because of constraints on my vacation time and competing interests. I also don't want to distract people from the good work they're doing to deal with my requests. When do you think that will be far enough along?

I particularly liked your sample ICC valuation reports and look forward to getting some copies of these when things have settled down there in Chattanooga.

Tim Rumph
Lancaster, SC