locked Re: OC 5 at the unloading site

Bill Schafer

Latest report I heard (10:00 am) was that the Museum seems to have escaped any damage to speak of. The unknown was how much damage was sustained on the Hiwassee. I think it will get inspected later today, and it would be a miracle if no trees blew down across the track.

—Bill

On Apr 13, 2020, at 11:23 AM, Rodney Shu <rodshu@...> wrote:

Wonder if the storms last night damaged anything at TVRM?
Rodney Shu

From: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io <main@SouthernRailway.groups.io> on behalf of George Eichelberger <geichelberger@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 9:17 PM
To: main@southernrailway.groups.io <main@SouthernRailway.groups.io>
Subject: [SouthernRailway] OC 5 at the unloading site

Southern Railway official car No 5 (disguised as NS No 8) arrived at Chattanooga this afternoon. It will be set on trucks tomorrow and moved to the TVRM Soule Shops to be restored as Southern Railway OC No 5. It was converted by the Southern from Pullman “Point Richmond” in 1956.

If anyone wants to help with putting it into service, please contact me or Tim Andrews at TVRM.

Ike

<20200114_174652.jpeg>