The drawings were given to me by a friend in Sarasota, FL in the early 70s. He had obtained them from the City of Asheville but I have never been able to locate his source. Maybe someone living in the area could make some inquiries?

Ike

PS The archives include quite a few photos of Asheville Yard and a number of track layouts and VAL maps over the years. Asheville, like many other locations on the Southern, “needs” a comprehensive article in TIES. I’ve attached a partial drawing re-used to show new steam lines from the Asheville power house.

On May 19, 2020, at 8:43 AM, Michael Roderick <mdrghost@...> wrote:

Ike:

Have you seen any drawings of the Asheville Station? If so I would love to have a copy of it for my project.

Mike

From: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io <main@SouthernRailway.groups.io> on behalf of George Eichelberger <geichelberger@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 08:25
To: main@southernrailway.groups.io <main@SouthernRailway.groups.io>
Subject: [SouthernRailway] Peachtree Station Drawings

There is an extensive set of microfilm, now scanned, drawings of Brookwood (Peachtree) Station in Atlanta in the SRHA archives. All are partial views of the architect’s plans in the very detailed style of the period when buildings incorporated significant stone work. (One example is attached.)

There is also a good size file on the planning, construction and opening of the station, conceived to be an Atlanta station stop that would not require trains to go to and from Atlanta Term Station from Howells.

Even without a potential TIES article, reconstructed, even re-drawn, drawings would be a valuable addition to the archives. If anyone is interested in helping, or has an idea that may be useful, please contact SRHA at archives@....

Thanks!

Ike

<Atlanta Peachtree Sta 2.jpeg>