locked Re: Peachtree Station Drawings

George Eichelberger

Mike:

I promise Asheville was more than a “Service Area”. I used several of these charts in a presentation to the Lexington Group a few years ago. Even an audience that knowledgable about RR history was surprised to hear the Southern carried more tonnage through Asheville than Atlanta.

Ike

On May 19, 2020, at 9:33 AM, Michael Roderick <mdrghost@...> wrote:

Ike:

Do you have any other drawings of Asheville yard and anything else? I will be building a model of the Branch on my layout, but I want to include operations of Asheville area going to Spencer Yard which would be a off layout staging. So far with what you and Gordon have given me and I have been able to find on old Topo maps. Asheville was just more than a service area for the Southern back in the early years.

Mike