locked Re: Hogshead cars

James

Bob,

Thanks for the info.  Would that tax have coincided with RJ Reynolds purchase of a large trucking fleet in the early 1980’s?
I remember seeing these cars come from the RJ Reynolds Storage facility in Brook Cove, NC to Rural Hall and then switched to go back to Winston Salem, that was during the 1970’s.  RJ Reynolds also had a major facility in Lexington, KY.

I do remember seeing where they were used by NS on the NW Pumkin vine line from Roanoke to Winston Salem at Firestone, VA in tire service.
That was back when you could search car number locations on the NS Website.  Always meant to go and photograph them there.

Of course we still have one hidden away in Bramwell, W VA.

James Wall
Rural Hall, NC