Bob,

Thanks for the ordering thoughts.  I just based that off the late 70's consist post I just on here from this weekend. I'll reorder once I can make a final determination of what cars need to be offered to give the train the proper feel.  Looks like maybe I should replace the coach-lounge with an 11-DBR instead.

David

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 9:23 AM Robert Hanson via groups.io <RHanson669=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
In the 1960's and 1970's the coaches generally ran ahead of the diner and the sleepers were placed behind it on almost all passenger trains. There were exceptions, but that was the general practice.

For reasons unknown Amtrak reversed the order some time in the 1980's or 1990's.

Bob Hanson
Loganville, GA

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Greene <jason.p.greene@...>
To: main@southernrailway.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Jun 28, 2020 1:22 am
Subject: Re: [SouthernRailway] Southern Passenger Train Consist Similarities

Just my thoughts:

Using your list here-

late 1960's Crescent /early 1970's Southern Crescent (8-cars):
-1700 Corinth (60FT Bag-Mail, with plating over flutes)
-1751 Greeneville (Bag-Mail, with plating over lower flutes)
-2010 Rapidan River (10-6 sleeper)
-2014 Shenandoa River (10-6 sleeper)
-3304 Alexandria (48-seat dining car; de-skirted) (Did this run on the Crescent or should it be a Budd diner?)
-951 (Coach-Lounge)
-822 (52s Coach)
-824 (52s Coach)

Add-on:
-2017 Tiger River (10-6 sleeper)
-2022 York River (10-6 sleeper)
-817 (52s Coach)
-830 (52s Coach)
-Maybe more 10-6 and 52s coaches if demand is there or other railroads fit onto the the same car plan

Add on the 11 bedroom sleepers that were common. Do some of your 10-6 sleepers in the other roads like L&N or FEC. Maybe an add-on AWP diner or sleeper. I believe the PRR has some 10-6 sleepers of the same floor plan without fluting.

You take all these and you now have a good Royal Palm and maybe a Peach Queen or Piedmont.

Jason Greene