moderated Re: Southern Railway 40 ft boxcars 505700-505848 (40-ft with 16' plug doors )

O Fenton Wells

By the way, if the SRHA is doing an article on Brick cars/business, one place to look would be the Employee Magazine from March 1966 about the business in Sanford NC.  I have enclosed a scan of the cover of this issue.
Fenton Wells

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 3:44 PM George Eichelberger <geichelberger@...> wrote:
Yes, Mask Island offers the plug doos for these cars. If we have them in stock, you can order them through the SRHA company store www.srha.net.

It's still on the work bench without a road number but I've attached a photo of a CG version of the car. (I prefer to use a photo to finish decals but even with 392 40' SR box car photos in the SRHA archives, there are none of the CofG brick cars. Might someone have a photo they can share? I'll include it in the new version of the SR 40' box car book if possible.)

Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd
Pinehurst NC 28374
910-420-8106