locked Re: White Number Boards

James

Southern applied white number boards to locomotives that were equipped with Locotrol.  The locomotives could be used as master or slave units on those trains that had mid train helpers- as they were called then or DPU’s is the term now.

On Jul 9, 2020, at 08:29, Michael Shirey <pcrrhs6561@...> wrote:

 As I am adding DCC to a new Athearn GP50 I just revived. I notice something strange. The loco I am working with has a white number board #7010 and apone further research. I notice that the Southern 7003-7016 are the only GP50'S to have white number boards. All others in the fleet are all black. Can some one enplane why this is? Not trying to be a rivet counter but I find it interesting..

James Wall
Rural Hall, NC