moderated Southern Railway Freight Car Specifications to Drawing (Card List) (Working Copy 11-10-2018

George Eichelberger

Next Friday and Saturday is the November work session at the SRHA archives. Most of our shelving is up and we plan to empty as many packing boxes as possible. One project (of many) is to organize our freight and passenger car specifications, drawing indexes and correspondence files in F (Specification), NCP (New Car Program, ACP (Automobile Car Program, NEP (New Equipment Program) and SCP (Special Car program) order. That task, along with several others I'll describe later this weekend, will make it much easier to locate material and edit the indexes and lists we have.

Anyone that can attend and help will have the opportunity to understand what the different parts of the SRHA collections are and how they relate to each other.

We will begin around 10:00 Friday morning at the archives on Turntable road (just south of the entrance to TVRM off Cromwell Road in Chattanooga), go as late as anyone is interested and then begin again on Saturday morning at about 8:00 until 3:30 or so. (IF anyone wants to work on Sunday, you must let us know at archives@... and we will see if that can be arranged.) Any questions, send us an email as soon as possible.

The attached PDF document is the working copy of the Southern freight car to Card List index we will be using.