From: Don Usak <donusak@...>
Date: 2020-08-06 00:31 (GMT-05:00)
To: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SouthernRailway] Questions about Southern SDs

I realize Al's question was in regard to Southern SD locomotives, but Southern did have some GP30s and possibly some GP35s that were equipped with low idle.  This was a homemade system developed by Pete Wydener (sp?), a General Foreman at Chattanooga Diesel Shop.  Pete's system was mounted in the left side of the electrical cabinet behind the panel holding the warning lights, light switches, and the isolation switch.

At least a handful of GP30s were equipped, but I cannot recall how widespread the retrofit may have been.

Don