locked Re: Southern segregation question in 1946

William L Vanderburg

Barber Junction station had two waiting rooms, an agents office in the corner below the tower, and a baggage/freight room.  The white waiting room was separated from the agent by an open slat wall with a window while the colored waiting room was separated by a solid wall with a window.  Both waiting rooms faced a rail line be cause the station sat at a diamond.

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 11:08 PM rwbrv4 via groups.io <dccinstallssales=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

That's the way Lexington SC was.  I spent my early years in that station.

Rick Bell