moderated Consolidated Roster

George Eichelberger

Begin forwarded message:

From: george eichelberger <geichelberger@...>
Subject: Re: Consolidated Roster
Date: December 13, 2018 at 9:41:58 AM EST

Jason:

I do not know which years’ Rosters are in the SRHA archives but if there is time, we will look for the 76-77 version at this weekend’s archives work session. Our books, engine operating manuals and some of our Mechanical Dept. files are unpacked and on the shelves. The rosters are not organized but they are where we can look. (The attached photo was taken during our last work session when the “book” side of one of the Spacesaver shelves was getting unpacked.)

The stairs to the second floor of the TVRM archive building were installed last week. We do not need that nearly 3,000 sq. ft. now but we wanted the “heavy” work to be finished as we continue to organize the collections. Anyone is welcome to join us tomorrow and Saturday at the building on Turntable Road adjacent to Grand Jct. at TVRM. We’ll start tomorrow around 10:00 and go as late as anyone wants then start again on Saturday about 8:00.

And…in addition to working on the collections at Chattanooga, we continue to scan as much as possible so material can be accessed without going to Chattanooga. Here is a link to an interesting example from the SRHA “Diesel” files. EMD introduced its E-8, FP-7, GP-7 and SW-7 models on October 26, 1949 at a luncheon at LaGrange, Ill. The file is the text of one of the speeches given then.