locked Re: Numbering of 19th Century Rolling Stock

Joel Walker

Jason,
Thanks for the information.  Off the top of your head, would you know what record group the drawings are in. If you don't, I have a copy of the finding aids that I can browse and get an idea where they might be.
Thanks, again.
Joel

On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 11:18 AM Jason Greene <jason.p.greene@...> wrote:
The Archives have some drawing from pre-Southern equipment as well as some of the first Southern drawings from the turn of the century.

Jason Greene

On Sep 17, 2020, at 10:13 AM, Joel Walker <loneloper@...> wrote:

Does anyone have a handle on how Southern numbered their combination cars and day coaches at the turn of the century? Pullman Sleepers, I know, had names.
Also, is anyone aware of any diagrams the archives might have on the interior of a typical day coach around 1900?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Joel Walker