locked Re: Numbering of 19th Century Rolling Stock

C J Wyatt

Ike,

the combined baggage - coach cars continued into the 600 series.

As I already posted, the new first class coaches started at 1200. Southern did have an order from Pullman in early 1901 which backfilled 1179-1185 in the predecessor series for first class coaches starting at 900.

Combines 575-578 were ordered from Pullman on December 11, 1896 and are probably related to the floor plan which you posted.

Jack

On Friday, September 18, 2020, 05:30:40 PM EDT, George Eichelberger <geichelberger@bellsouth.net> wrote:

In general we can say around 1900, Southern P&Bs were numbered in the 500 and 600 series, full coaches were in the 600,  series and continued up from there into the 1300s and 1400s by thge 1920 and 30s.