locked Re: Southern passenger cars on Winston-Salem division mixed trains

A&Y Dave in MD

James,

I looked there, but saw none of the passenger cars with those numbers, even though they were heavyweights.  There are fascinating photos on the site, including a wonderful yard image.  But nothing on these cars.  I wouldn't be surprised if they were older wooden cars.

Best,

Dave

Sunday, November 22, 2020, 11:29:09 PM, you wrote:

Dave,

I will refer you to this site which I think we have discussed before.  This the Forsyth County, NC public library photo site.

https://www.digitalforsyth.org

I generally search trains or railroad.  You will get photos of Southern, Norfolk Western and Norfolk Southern.
A Rural Hall or North Wilkesboro search might narrow it down.  I do know there are photos of the Southern’s last
passenger train to North Wilkesboro.

James Wall
Rural Hall, NC

--