moderated Broad River interlocking and...a station?

Doug Alexander

The attached photo appeared in the 2010 Sept-Oct edition of TIES.  This was the issue with the stories about the introduction of AC signaling to the Southern.  This photo ran on the back page and was captioned as being "Tower fixture at Broad River",  I knew that there was an interlocking at Broad River, on the southern end of the bridge, I think.  But what really intrigues me is what appears to be the corner of a passenger shelter on the right side of the photo.  I plan on modeling the Broad River bridge, and I'd like to know what, besides the control tower,. was there.  I;m modeling 1941, but I'm interested in whatever was there at any time in Southern's history.  Thanks in advance!

Doug Alexander
Atlanta