locked Re: St Charles Branch Coal Loader Info

George Eichelberger

Dan:

I don’t expect the Southern would know much about inter-company sales. There could be something on the waybills relating to that but they have not survived anywhere I have seen.

Ike

PS!!! Does anyone know of ANY Southern or Interstate records or documentation that exists anywhere? If so…try to obtain it for the SRHA archives. I am certain we have the largest collection of Southern Railway drawings and documents anywhere but even smaller collections add to the knowledge base. Personal collections are welcome with the proviso that items that duplicate what we already have, typically books and magazines, can be sold.

On Dec 21, 2020, at 11:52 PM, Daniel Bourque <deltabourque@...> wrote:

Ike,

Thank you for that list! It’ll definitely help narrow down a few of the loaders—now I need to figure out which coal companies sold to which other companies so I can match up tipples. Sometimes I feel like I’m in “National Treasure”. . . just one more clue. . .

Every clue counts, so thanks again! Cool info on the ships and Charleston, too.

Dan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10