locked Re: SR Diesel Order Specs

George Eichelberger

Charlie:

That proposal, certainly the switcher, is in the SRHA archives.

The Southern was unhappy with Alco power but because of the anti-trust suit against EMD, they made a last effort with the C-420s and center cab switch engines. The switchers were last if I remember correctly but the SR already had their first SW-1500s and were not interested.

Ike

On Jan 2, 2021, at 9:00 PM, Charles Powell <charlesspowell@...> wrote:

Back in 1979 when I was on the Car Department Staff in Atlanta I was in the Mechanical File room searching for something I needed, when I ran across a proposal from ALCO for high-hood, long hood forward Century-420s. I think it was dated around 1966 and suspect this was probably the last proposal Southern got from ALCO. I wish I would have had made a photo copy of it. I don't recall the price.
Charlie