locked Re: Everett Young and Tom Smart photos

Michael Shirey

George, the photo you attached. Is that the bridge from Cincy to Ludlow?

Michael Shirey
PCRRHS and SRHA Member

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 4:07 PM George Eichelberger <geichelberger@...> wrote:
Michael:

You are certainly correct that more needs to be researched, written and presented on the Southern’s Louisville-E. St Louis line. The SRHA archives contain photos, contracts, maps and drawings of many of the (L,E&StL) line’s features. The Louisville “By Location” file includes 5.67 GB of scans with 227 drawings, documents and photos.

With luck, we will be able to open the archives at TVRM for research this summer. Come, look at the files and think about working on an article for TIES and that presentation.

Ike

PS In addition to the Louisville bridge photos (an example is attached), there is a fabulous series of photos of the rebuilding of the Ohio Rive bridge from Ludlow to Cincinnati. If anyone has experience with bridge engineering or construction, they may be interested in those photos in the archives.

On Jan 21, 2021, at 3:17 PM, Michael Shirey <pcrrhs6561@...> wrote:

 Thanks guys! So sorry to hear about Tom's passing. So with this new information, whom has the photos of Toms'?

 My only intention was to see if they had more photos to share of Louisville, KY., New Albany, and Duncan hill, Indiana and parts west of there on the East District line. There is hardly no reference about this section of line anywhere on the web. There photos in that book are outstanding and I am very glad that part of Southern's history was captured.

 I have family down in that area of indiana. So when visiting as a kid I remember them running there in Tuxedo paint in the early 1980's. I just want to put together more factual information to share with others on that area of the Southern. Maybe even possibly a future SRHA Convention, who knows.