From: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io [mailto:main@SouthernRailway.groups.io] On Behalf Of Charles Harris
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2021 3:49 PM
To: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SouthernRailway] Birmingham AL

Hi John

Thanks for this great info and maps.   Some great photos in the brochure.

Charles

On 1/02/21 2:30 PM, John Stewart wrote:

HI folks

Ingalls Iron Works in Birmingham is gone c.2006.  There is a good video of the empty plant on YouTube by Anderson Williams and friends.

https://youtu.be/zFMj-tT4vD0

2005 imagery from Google Earth Pro.  It was adjacent to the L&N mainline just SW of downtown Birmingham, and just west of I-65 at University Drive.

I’ve always understood that the locomotive was built in Pascagoula, MS, but I’m no expert on the subject.

John

John R Stewart

www.bhamrails.info

205-901-3790