locked Re: Double Track Projects in 1909

Stephen Warner

Interesting that Sevier to Morristown was not listed, as this was the only DT east of Knoxville that to my knowledge was put into place.  I wonder when that was put in.  But if one assumes that all traffic between Sevier and Carnegie/Asheville combined used this route, this would amount to 58 trains every 24 hr. period, or 1802 for the month of Oct.  Also that made dispatching easier for such volumes as Rule (D) 251 allowed both tracks to operate independently by direction under ABS with only a Clearance Card required to operate.