locked Re: Greensboro map was Re: [SouthernRailway] Dining Car Crews Sleeping on their Cars

bjarne@juno.com

My experiences go back to when I was a service attendant for Amtrak during the summer seasons of 1977, 1979, and 1980. The service attendants usually went to a different hotel than the transportation employees like conductors and engineers. This was probably because the transportation people had their hotels paid by the host railroad. Further, as both groups were represented by different unions, that also could have had an effect on who stayed where. For every rule, there is an exception. I stayed in the same places as the rest of the crew at Dubuque, Quincy, Carbondale, and Champaign. Different locales in LA, New York, New Orleans, Detroit, and St. Louis. Hope this information is helpful, FWIW. Bjarne Henderson, Valparaiso, IN