locked 3-11-47 SR Passenger Dept Memo

George Eichelberger

The SRHA Archives contain many items that discuss changes in passenger train schedules, stops and consists. There is a great amount of information available but researching and organizing it is a major project. When we can begin archives work sessions again and can scan more of the Presidents' Files and Hayne Shop passenger car data, we can include more on Southern's passenger services in TIES.

The Passenger Traffic Department issued Bulletins and Press Releases for early every major timetable or train changes. Here is an example from March, 1947. It is somewhat unusual because mail and express trains were not included in them very often. Train 30 included just one passenger and baggage (P&B) car. Most riders were likely dead-head employees.