locked Re: Taxed properties on the railroad

Bill Schafer

I don’t know. I assume that if the RR was paying taxes on the line when it was in service, it would pay taxes on it if it remained in place even if unused. Just my guess.

On Mar 31, 2021, at 15:22, Cohen Bob via groups.io <orl96782@...> wrote:

Question:

When a section of railroad is either unused or out of service (i.e. - Railbanked), are the taxes on the property of the railroad the same as when it is in service and deriving income and specifically taxes for services rendered along its road and if so at what rate/percentage difference?

Thank you.

Bob Cohen