locked Re: Southern FP-7 Details

George Eichelberger

There does not appear to be any drawings of rooftop cooling pipes for FP-7s in the SRHA archive scans. As many early photos of Southern FP-7s do not show the pipes, I expect they were added after delivery by the Southern. If that is correct, the shops may have simply used the drawings created for E-6 and E-7s. I have uploaded one of them before so here is a different, DL-3253, showing how the rooftop pipes were connected to the engine cooling systems. Most of the E-6 pipes had fins to increase their heat dissipation but plain pipes appear to have been used later (a cost consideration as the finned pipes were a special purpose?)

Ike

On Feb 7, 2019, at 6:59 PM, SouRwyFan via Groups.Io <blackaerocoupe@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I am working on a project and trying to gather info on FP-7's.

Anybody got dimensions or drawings of rooftop piping? (Were they cooling coils or air lines up there?)
Also what about location of backup headlight and other details of rear of units?
I know it's a stretch but what about painting diagram/Spec sheet?

Thanks!
RS