locked Question/Request for information on Ex-Southern Railway Heavyweight Coach

Artist794 Workshop

Good-afternoon everyone,

My name is Chris Zygmunt, I am new to this group and join hoping someone my have ( or know someone/someplace else) information regarding an Ex-Southern Railway Heavyweight Coach. Bit of Backstory, I am a member of the Friends of the Valley Railroad. A volunteer organization associated with the tourist line, the Valley Railroad, better known as the Essex Steam Train & Riverboat. In 2021 our railroad is turning 50 years old and to help celebrate I have been researching all of our rolling stock and engines history in hopes of using that information to create a series of articles detailing the items life from creation to our line.

Last year our line acquired 3 more coaches from the Age of Steam Roundhouse. One was a Ex-Southern Railway Heavyweight Coach with its current number being 3659.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find information about this car? Things like who built it?, where it ran?, When it might have left the SR for Ohio?, Photos or drawings of the car?, etc.  Any information or leads would be greatly appreciated and thank you for taking the time to read this request.

Please feel free to reach me off group as well via my email: Artist794workshop@...