locked Re: Question/Request for information on Ex-Southern Railway Heavyweight Coach

C J Wyatt

I think it is a case of a car being retired, but not scrapped, and then brought back with a new car number in the excursion fleet. My March 1965 Official Register of Passenger Train Equipment shows no such car as 3659 on the roster. In fact it showed no CNO&TP heavyweight coaches still running. If we can find out what the previous number was, I should be able to trace it back to when it was built and by whom.

Jack Wyatt

On Monday, May 24, 2021, 09:38:32 PM EDT, TIM ANDREWS <andrewstim@...> wrote:

I don't believe it was remembered. It is possible it was not being used in excursion service by that time, and in fact might have already been on loan to TVRM.

On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 9:11 PM, Artist794 Workshop
<artist794workshop@...> wrote:

Thank you for the information lead!!  please let me know if you find those records as well, much appreciated!!.  I spent some time this afternoon looking at CNOTP photos online and was able to find some of the car.

I do have a question regarding the wreak in 1986. Based on reports I've found online there only were 3 Southern cars on that train and none had the number 3659. Could it be that the car was renumbered? or is it possible that this was a different car and not involved with the wreak? Prior to today I had not heard about the wreak and again spent some time doing some quick research this evening.

Regardless thank you, this was a great start and helped fill in some blanks.

Chris Zygmunt
Essex, CT