locked Re: Question/Request for information on Ex-Southern Railway Heavyweight Coach

C J Wyatt

Stephen, in the early 1960s Southern still had a few coaches with throw-over seats. I seem to remember catching one of them in a train between Chattanooga and Atlanta. Talk about a time warp!

Jack Wyatt

On Wednesday, June 2, 2021, 05:20:40 PM EDT, Stephen Warner <sgwarner88@...> wrote:

Having rode these cars starting in 1960 all the way through the end of SR's scheduled service (on the Knoxville Division and CNO&TP), I can say that you have an "original" car interior, at least through the 1950's or so.  I also rode many of these cars that SR "upgraded" from the globe lights and steel overhead racks with newer streamline/modernized-type racks and fluorescent lighting (harsh and glaring at night).  I always felt that I was riding Southern back in the 30's in these cars (after all, it was still Timetable and train order operation back then), and tried to pick out one in the consist whenever I climbed on.  She will look great.