locked Re: Sn3 7-58

C J Wyatt

What I am seeing is Sn 3-58. Looks like a reweigh date. Would Sn be Spencer?

Jack Wyatt

On Thursday, June 10, 2021, 10:47:25 PM EDT, George Courtney via groups.io <gsc3@...> wrote:

I saw a K4 decal for the twin hoppers.  On it is the above lettering.  Sn3 and the date.  Also that it was built in 1937.  I'm assuming that this Sn refers to either a repaint or a later shopping date.  But I'm unfamiliar with Sn3?

Was this a shop on the old Southern and if so, where was it?  My best guess is Spartanburg, South Carolina.  I do know back then most hopper work was done at the Costner Shops in Knoxville.  Was Spartanburg a repaint shop?

Thanks,
George Courtney