locked Re: Man o’ War reunited

Kevin Centers

Ike,

It should be pointed out that this kind of thing doesn’t happen in a vacuum. Successful rail preservation efforts depend on a lot of groups such as SRHA for support. And I have to say SRHA has always been very helpful in providing information when possible. We may have to do some of the research ourselves, but that’s half the fun.

Kevin

On Aug 7, 2021, at 11:36 AM, George Eichelberger <geichelberger@...> wrote:

 Kevin:

This is great news! SARM is doing superb work preserving Central of Georgia and Southern rolling stock.

Although we have not been very successful getting folks interested in the Central in coming to the SRHA archives to scan, organize and do research, there is a significant amount of CofG material in the collection. It includes many linen originals of CofG freight car drawings that date back to the wooden car era. Passenger car drawings are not well represented but the CofG and Southern Executive Dept. files include information on the last years of CofG passenger services and operations of the through trains operated with the IC, ACL and FEC.

I’ve attached a single example from the file on Trains 9-10, “The Man O’ War”…..

Ike

<1969-7-22 Tr 19-20.jpeg>

On Aug 7, 2021, at 11:12 AM, Kevin Centers <klcenters@...> wrote:

Hi all,

It’s true the Man o’ War wasn’t a Southern train, but I thought you all might find this interesting

Kevin
August 5, 2021

From Southern Appalachia Railway Museum, Inc.and East Tennessee Rail Car Services, Inc. in Oak Ridge, TN

For Immediate Release