locked Re: Southern Railway History

Michael Roderick

I have had good luck dealing with the UNC Wilson Library. It takes them a while to answer questions but the information is great.

Mike

On Aug 23, 2021, at 15:46, David Carpenter via groups.io <dcarp@...> wrote:

 Wow, Ike!!!! What a revelation. Wonder how the UNC Library came across it? Interesting stuff!!!!!!

David

On Aug 23, 2021, at 3:06 PM, George Eichelberger <geichelberger@...> wrote:

David:

Note the attached….

If Fairfax Harrison was not willing to send the “LOC” a copy of the “History, you know they were serious about not letting it get out!

Ike

<1926-5-12 FH to LOC re request for SR History.jpeg>

On Aug 23, 2021, at 1:07 PM, David Carpenter via groups.io <dcarp@...> wrote:

Strange that the letter states “never intended for publication.” I used to go to the North Carolina Collection in the Louis Round Wilson Library in Chapel Hill in the early 70’s and a person wearing white gloves would go retrieve this book for me to sit and read.. It was well-worn with brown leather wraps. I was stunned when I saw the set laying on the SRHA table at a train show in Winston-Salem 20-30 years ago it seems! Best $100 bill I spent that year! Thanks to whoever decided to bind them!!!!!

Others are selling entire collections of their magazines back issues for $99-$129 roughly it seems. I agree with others that is the market. Maybe 10% off with a new membership even.

David