locked Re: Locos and Traffic on the Atlanta-Birmingham Line

C J Wyatt

In my recent reply, I failed to say early diesel switcher assignments, but Jason is right - a lot of steam switchers were still operating in the mid-forties.

Jack

On Monday, September 20, 2021, 08:02:55 PM EDT, Jason Greene <jason.p.greene@...> wrote:

0-8-0s and 2-8-0s were common in the yards in both Atlanta and Birmingham. Birmingham also had some 0-6-0s still lingering.

I Birmingham the Southern interchanged with just about everyone. You had the Frisco, IC, CG, AB&C, L&N, SAL (limited), and all the industrial roads. Not far from Birmingham to the north and west you also had the Columbus and Greenville on the old Georgia Pacific.

Jason Greene