Van: Charles Harris
Verzonden: dinsdag 21 september 2021 08:55
Aan: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io
Onderwerp: Re: [SouthernRailway] Locos and Traffic on the Atlanta-Birmingham Line

Hi

Fitting in to this discussion is the Ingalls 4-S, built 1946.   Construction of the loco was part done in AL Bham and Decatur etc and part in MS. A lot of testing done in .AL.   I note that Birmingham Tank (part of Ingalls Iron Works) had a site adjacent to the Southern Railway trackage, possibly some work done there.  Must be some records of testing using Southern?
The on 21 March 1946 there was a demonstration of the loco held by Southern and Southwestern Railway Club at terminal station in Atlanta.  Who has more info on this demo.   Anything Ingalls 4-S in fact.

Thanks
Charles Harris