From: George Eichelberger <geichelberger@...>
To: main@southernrailway.groups.io <main@SouthernRailway.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Sep 21, 2021 2:50 pm
Subject: [SouthernRailway] Preserved Southern Switchers?

The stuff about Southern switch engines has me thinking…

Are there any Southern ALCo or EMD switch engines preserved at one of the museums?

TVRM just did a lot of work* obtaining, and moving, a “Baby Trainmaster” from TVA. Unusual for an “industrial” unit, it was purchased new by TVA and worked at one locationt its entire life.

(Neither it or the ALCo S- TVA donated to TVRM were Southern but anyone interested in preserving rolling stock from the Southeast might consider a donation to help defer the $100,000 (mol) cost to truck them to Chattanooga. Consider there will not be many more pieces of rolling stock to obtain and preserve in the future.)