locked Re: Locos and Traffic on the Atlanta-Birmingham Line

C J Wyatt

My problem was finding the sub-group. Missing it was my fault. However the SRHA 'links' page needs some cleaning up to get rid of defunct Yahoo groups. Perhaps as that is done, a link to the modeling group could be added to the links, so that someone can find the right group to start with. Also the homepage of the main group says both history and modeling, so at the least something should be added to say that for modeling, go to the sub-group. I am not trying to stir up anything, but just looking to clarify things for a new user.

Jack

On Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 05:58:40 PM EDT, George Eichelberger <geichelberger@...> wrote:

Gentlemen:

I don’t think any “clarification” is necessary, just read the home pages of the SouthernRailway.io and ModelingtheSouthern.io home pages.

Ike

On Sep 21, 2021, at 4:46 PM, C J Wyatt <cjwyatt@...> wrote:

James, I looked myself and I think you are correct. Interestingly though, it is not affiliated with SRHA. This site (SRHA's) says it is for history and modeling, so we need some clarification of policy.

Jack

On Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 04:38:23 PM EDT, James Walton <whovianwil@...> wrote:

I went on groups.io and found this group listed - it seems this is the group focused on both historical and modelling topics.

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021, 16:34 C J Wyatt <cjwyatt@...> wrote:
No need for apologies. There is another Southern Railway group not affiliated with SRHA which discusses both history and modeling. It seems like the home page of this group should have a link to the subgroup (maybe it does and I have not noticed it).

Jack

On Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 04:29:35 PM EDT, James Walton <whovianwil@...> wrote:

My apologies, I misread your post, thinking you were asking how we found this group.

I might recommend going on the groups.io website and searching for a group there.

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021, 16:27 C J Wyatt <cjwyatt@...> wrote:
James, I am glad that you gave it a try. However, this is the main group which is supposedly reserved for history with modeling going on a subgroup, but how do you access the subgroup?

Jack

On Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 04:20:42 PM EDT, James Walton <whovianwil@...> wrote:

I found the link to this group on the SRHA website, and decided to give it a try.

I'm interested in several railroads, mostly in the South, like the Seaboard, L&N, and ACL, though I do have a soft spot for the Frisco and Nickel Plate Road.

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021, 16:17 C J Wyatt <cjwyatt@...> wrote:
How do you find the sub-group?

Jack

On Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 12:36:01 PM EDT, Aidrian Bridgeman-Sutton <abridgemansutton@...> wrote:

If we're going to continue in the "scale less than 1:1" vein, might I very 'umbly suggest that the purely modelling discussions might possibly be moved to the dedicated subgroup?