locked Re: Preserved Southern Switchers?

Matt Bumgarner

Monticello Rwy Museum in Monticello has an NS slug that was made from a Southern RS-3.

Matt Bumgarner

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 8:15 PM Jason Greene <jason.p.greene@...> wrote:
I forgot to add the SW-1 at Wadley in the woods. Privately owned. It is ex-G&F and Southern.

Jason Greene

On Sep 21, 2021, at 6:28 PM, Jason Greene via groups.io <jason.p.greene=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

8202 at SRM is certainly one.

Three Rivers Rambler/Clausen have two SW-1s at Knoxville.

There is a SW-1 at Oakridge I believe.

To my knowledge no ALCO or Baldwins were saved. No SW-1500 have been saved yet, not sure if any could be but some are in second hands. MP-15s are in same boat as the 1500s.

Jason Greene

On Sep 21, 2021, at 6:07 PM, Stephen Warner <sgwarner88@...> wrote:

Bob,

Currently we at SRM are getting close to having 8202 operational again.  We had the Traction Motors and wheels overhauled,  are restoring the cab, and painting the trucks.  Still a ways to go, but looking good. Come by us some day.