locked Re: Locos and Traffic on the Atlanta-Birmingham Line

C J Wyatt

Generally, Southern Railway did not use sub-division or district names. In the employee timetable for the Birmingham Division, it is simply 'Between Austell and Birmingham - Westbound' or 'Between Birmingham and Austell - Eastbound'.

Jack

On Thursday, September 23, 2021, 09:56:39 PM EDT, James Walton <whovianwil@...> wrote:

By the way, does anyone know what the subdivisions were for the Atlanta-Birmingham line?

On Sat, Sep 18, 2021 at 11:59 PM James Walton <whovianwil@...> wrote:
I've been trying to figure out locomotive classes and traffic were common on the Southern's Atlanta-Birmingham line in the late 40s and 50s. I don't have a copy of Richard Prince's book, so I'm having to make do with sources like steamlocomotive.com - not exactly ideal.

I know only that the Southerner and the Kansas City-Florida Special used the line, but not much more.