locked Re: Gift and Challenge

aramsay18

Thanks for sending the link.

No trouble downloading or viewing it.

It is an absolutely beautiful old-style engineering drawing.  Many. many hours of mechanical engineering design time went into producing it.

Regards from Berryville VA
Andy Ramsay

On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 7:22 PM George Eichelberger <geichelberger@...> wrote:
The new SRHA scanner is in service at the archives. As expected, it does a superb job on our large drawings (linens and blueprints).

I’ve uploaded the full size, full resolution scan for drawing SF-1013, a “Plain Box Car” drawn July 5, 1905. The drawing does not include what car series the drawing is for but the index of SR drawings shown on the print strongly suggest this is not a car proposed by one of the car builders. (As cars got more complex, the index was left off most drawings after about 1906-7.) That’s the “gift”…

The “challenge” includes several opportunities to display models built from the drawing:
Next year’s SRHA (twice postponed) convention in Richmond, VA, next year’s joint meeting with the L&NHS at their annual convention at TVRM, AND to be on display in the future TVRM museum building across the (Turntable Road) street from the archives. Models can be of any scale, including 12”:1’. (A partial cut away model of a “WUF” would be interesting.) I expect the various drawings, plus trucks, are in the archives but we will ask for a donation if anyone wants them all. The Google Drive link to the (177 MB) drawing is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oGLl1PKvtG_ZviFJRLcz56RR71ZcodJg/view?usp=sharing

Ike

PS Donations for things like $7,000+ scanners are always welcome, and needed.