locked Re: CTC on the Atlanta-Bham line

George Eichelberger

Here’s an ATS/ATC map from 1947….

Now for a gripe! I have mentioned how much material there is in the SRHA archives many times. Actually, it’s pretty useless if people will not go to Chattanooga to see what’s there. I realize we are in the “Google” era and many people will not travel farther than their PC keyboards.

Anyone is welcome...….Flame me off line if you wish….

Ike

On Oct 4, 2021, at 11:53 AM, James Walton <whovianwil@...> wrote:

I realize now I should asked when TT&TO was done away with, rather than when CTC was implemented.

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021, 11:51 James Walton via groups.io <whovianwil=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Ah okay, I'd forgotten about ABS. The ancient TT&TO system was starting to disappear on many railroads by the 40s.

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021, 11:43 D. Scott Chatfield <blindog@...> wrote:
The H Line south of Atlanta wasn't converted to CTC until, what, 1988?

Scott Chatfield