locked Re: CTC on the Atlanta-Bham line

C J Wyatt

What really got Southern into CTC big time was the elimination of double-track on parts of the CNO&TO and then the Mainline between Atlanta GA and Alexandria VA

I do wonder if its first installation was a short stretch somewhere which may be viewed as an extended interlocking.

Jack Wyatt

On Monday, October 4, 2021, 12:24:39 PM EDT, C J Wyatt <cjwyatt@...> wrote:

I wonder where Southern's first CTC installation was?

Jack Wyatt

On Monday, October 4, 2021, 12:11:37 PM EDT, George Eichelberger <geichelberger@...> wrote:

Here’s an ATS/ATC map from 1947….

Now for a gripe! I have mentioned how much material there is in the SRHA archives many times. Actually, it’s pretty useless if people will not go to Chattanooga to see what’s there. I realize we are in the “Google” era and many people will not travel farther than their PC keyboards.

Anyone is welcome...….Flame me off line if you wish….

Ike

On Oct 4, 2021, at 11:53 AM, James Walton <whovianwil@...> wrote:

I realize now I should asked when TT&TO was done away with, rather than when CTC was implemented.

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021, 11:51 James Walton via groups.io <whovianwil=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Ah okay, I'd forgotten about ABS. The ancient TT&TO system was starting to disappear on many railroads by the 40s.

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021, 11:43 D. Scott Chatfield <blindog@...> wrote:
The H Line south of Atlanta wasn't converted to CTC until, what, 1988?

Scott Chatfield