locked Re: Birmingham Terminal Station - how was it accessed by various railroads

C J Wyatt

Thanks Marv.

To say the least, that aerial view is inspirational.

I still have a question about one movement. Is there an west leg of a wye on the south side of the station where something like the FM motorcar train, Goldenrod, could head directly out or directly in?

It's helpful seeing the coach yards. Did the other railroads not shown with a coach yard use something close to their main yards? I guess the steam locomotives were hosteled to and from each railroads' roundhouses?

Is your book about the station sold out? I know Birmingham Rails has been for a long time, but I seem to recall that you released an electronic version on a DVD? Is that available.

Thanks for you help, and I am sure that I will have a lot more questions as I study the operations.

Jack Wyatt

On Saturday, October 9, 2021, 01:21:27 PM EDT, Marv Clemons <mclemonsjr@...> wrote:

Jack,

Here's an labeled photo of Terminal Station and surrounding trackage taken from my book that may help you better understand how trains accessed the station.  For orientation, the view is looking to the northwest.  Let me know if I can help with any further information on the station or passenger train operations.

Marv Clemons