moderated Re: Jim Crow Coaches

Jason Greene

You have the drift card in the archives for “Coach Greene” as the Southern called it. I believe in the passenger car files there is a reference to coach green and Pullman green being nearly the same. Southern did not paint the Pullmans, they were painted by Pullman in their shops.
Find the Lake Pearl file and see if it was not painted coach green the last time it was painted. It was one of the few Pullmans that Southern kept in service after Pullman shut down their shops.

Jason Greene

On Apr 7, 2019, at 10:30 AM, George Eichelberger <geichelberger@...> wrote:

We can dig through the specs on the rebuilds, or better yet ask George Walker at TVRM, but I prefer to say (maybe incorrectly) the passenger car color is "Southern" green rather than "Pullman". Very close but not exactly the same thing. Does anyone have specifc info?