locked 44 Tonner painting and lettering

David Eisman

I’m looking for color photos and detailed drawings of Southern’s 44 Tonner locomotives in green paint with the large round SR logo on the side.  I’m particularly interested in the history of their painting and lettering. Were they originally painted black or green and when did the large round SR logo begin to be applied to these locomotives as they were originally delivered in the early 1940s without the logo and were lettered simply  “southern “ .  Additional info on the use of the 44 Tonner on the Southern would also be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
David Eisman