locked Re: Empty refrigerator car return instructions - 1955

George Eichelberger

Andy:

Attached…

Ike

On Nov 7, 2021, at 10:36 PM, aramsay18 <aramsay37@...> wrote:

Hello Ike

Please send pages 2 and 3

Thanks in advance

Best Regards from Berryville VA
Andy Ramsay

On Sun, Nov 7, 2021, 5:46 PM George Eichelberger <geichelberger@...> wrote:
From the SRHA archives, Hayne Shop files, I've attached the first of three-page of routing instructions for empty refrigerator cars for the Southern Rwy. in 1955. (I will forward or post Pgs 2 and 3 if there is any interest.)

While it only refers to empty cars on the Southern, it would be very interesting to find/see similar documents for other roads, particularly the ACL, SAL, L&N, FEC and other eastern or southeastern roads. Is anyone aware of such documentation?

Ike

PS Several of us will be working in the archives Mon-Wed in advance of the November work session. If anyone is in the area those days, stop by the archive building on Turntable Road at TVRM. (Send me an email archives@... beforehand to make sure plans have not changed.)