locked FM H24-66 Train Masters

Gary Bechdol

Gentle beings

I recently acquired a Division Point SRR FM H24-66 Train Master model with the correct low end platforms.  The Withers Diesel book indicates that SRR acquired them to run between EMD F-units on the CNO&TP.  Am I correct in assuming that this was an early experiment in fuel saving?  Two 2400 hp Train Masters could replace three 1500 hp F b units.

Further questions:  On what other assignments were these units used?  Did they routinely operate as single units or in multiple with each other?  Did they stray off the CNO&TP to Atlanta, Birmingham, or Asheville?

Thanks in advance.

Gary Bechdol
Stone Mountain, GA