locked Re: Heavy Weight NO&NE 5400

TIM ANDREWS

According to Wayner the NONE cars were 4500s and the passenger car diagrams that show the Pullman cars do not show anything in the 5400s.

4500 was a 10Sec1Dr 2Cmpt car plan 2585D lot 4592 built between 10/20 and 12/20.  It was named Fort Thomas.

On Monday, November 29, 2021, 06:04:40 PM EST, Kevin von der Lippe <kevin.vonderlippe@...> wrote:

Does anyone know of a list of all heavyweight Pullman sleepers acquired by the Southern in 1948 as part of the Pullman antitrust case settlement — and which sleepers were assigned to which subsidiary?

I have seen a photo of NO&NE 5400, a heavyweight sleeper that appears to be a 10 section - 2 compartment - 1 drawing room sleeper (probably a “Lake” series car) but the name is not visible in the photo and I would like a little bit more of its history.

Thanks,

Kevin von der Lippe
Oak Ridge, NC