moderated Re: Southern Railway Valuation Section Maps

A&Y Dave in MD

You actually want the National Archives and Records Administration in College Park.  Note that this is a multi-day visit most times. You order things, they find them on MASSIVE compact shelving units, they bring them to a viewing room. No pens, only pencils to avoid marking anything permanently. Digital image equipment allowed.

Dave

Sent from Dave Bott' iPhone

On Oct 1, 2018, at 1:53 PM, Tim <tarumph@...> wrote:

Thanks Ike. This should help finding things even in other collections. I'll be going to the Washington, DC, area this week for the MER convention. If things are on time, I may hit the Library of Congress to look at these documents there. The section I'm interested in is labeled 33. What does that refer to?

To any others that have done this before, any tips on investigating documents at the LOC?

Thanks,
Tim Rumph
Lancaster, SC