locked Re: SD40-2 initial delivery questions

Robert Graham

Correct on snowplows; SOU SD40-2 3244 was the first SD40-2 with plows, and they continued up to 3328, the highest numbered SD40-2.

Bob GrahamĀ

From: "David Friedlander"
To: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io
Sent: Thursday February 17 2022 1:45:49AM
Subject: [SouthernRailway] SD40-2 initial delivery questions

Hi all,

Looks like 3rd Rail is finalizing orders for their O-Scale SD40-2, which the tooling allows them to accurately do Southern's initial batch of SD40-2, units 3201-3208. I'm teetering between getting two or three units.

Does anyone know if the initial SD40-2 batch was run in pairs or triplets when they first arrived on the Southern? Were any groupings of numbered units specifically ran together for any initial period of time (eg- units 3201-3203 were consisted together for a year)? Were SD40-2's immediately mixed in with SD40's?

Also, just to verify, but I believe only units including and after 3244 had snowplows, right?

Thanks as always,
David Friedlander